PubMed and CINAHL: Basics of Doing a Good Search
Learn the basics of doing a good search to search and how those apply in PubMed/Medline and CINAHL.
In the course of the workshop, participants will learn about the basic features of each database and
search techniques such as limits, the use of Boolean Operators. Also, methods to identify locally
available journals or full-text online articles will also be discussed.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe what topics and/or disciplines are covered by each database.
- Understand why and how to access PubMed and CINAHL through VCU libraries
- Perform a simple search in PubMed and CINAHL and view search history in each
- Identify options for displaying search results
- Discuss options for limiting or filtering results of search
- Connect to VCU Libraries holding to obtain full text of articles
Registration is required. After registering participants will receive the class URL via email.