Searching OVID: MEDLINE & Embase Basics for Nurses
Learn the basics of doing a good search and how those apply to using the Ovid interface to use
MEDLINE and Embase. In the course of the workshop, participants will learn about the basic features of
each database and search techniques such as limits, the use of Boolean Operators. Also, methods to
identify locally available journals or full-text online articles will also be discussed.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe what topics and/or disciplines are covered by each database.
- Understand why and how to access Ovid MEDLINE & Embase through VCU libraries
- Perform a simple search in MEDLINE and Embase and view search history in each
- Identify options for displaying search results
- Discuss options for limiting or filtering results of a search
- Connect to VCU Libraries holdings to obtain full text of articles
Registration is required. After registering participants will receive the class URL via email 3 days before the webinar.