Embase is a database containing biomedicine and pharmacology citations (1974-present). It features an international scope and is recommended for use in systematic reviews and for locating drug and medical device information. This session will provide an overview of the basic features of the database, including basic search techniques. Methods to identify locally available journals or full-text online articles will also be discussed.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe disciplines covered by and material included in Embase
- Understand why and how to access Embase through VCU libraries
- Perform a simple search in Embase and view search history
- Discuss options for limiting or filtering results of search
- Connect to VCU Libraries holding to obtain full text of articles
Registration is required. After registering participants will receive the class URL via email 3 days before the webinar.