The Cumulative Index for Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) provides access to full text from over 1300 journals, plus evidence-based care sheets, legal cases, drug records, and more than 200 books. Through this workshop, participants will learn the basic features of CINAHL and search techniques such as limits and the use of Boolean Operators. Also, methods to identify locally available journals or full-text online articles will also be discussed.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe what topics and/or disciplines are covered in CINAHL
- Understand why and how to access CINAHL through VCU libraries
- Perform a simple search in CINAHL and view search history
- Identify options for displaying search results
- Discuss options for limiting or filtering results of search
- Identify methods of saving citations from search results
- Connect to VCU Libraries holding to obtain full text of articles
Registration is required. After registering participants will receive the class URL via email 3 days before the webinar.