PubMed: Make the Most of the Premier Biomedical Database
Learn to search MEDLINE via PubMed, including basic features and search techniques such as limits, display options, and print formats. Methods to identify locally available journals or full-text online articles will also be discussed. At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to
- Describe disciplines covered by and material included in PubMed.
- Understand why and how to access PubMed through VCU libraries.
- Perform a simple search in PubMed and view search history.
- Identify options for displaying search results.
- Discuss options for limiting or filtering results of search.
- Connect to VCU Libraries holding to obtain full text of articles.
A recording will be available after the session.
About the Presenter
Emily serves as the Deputy Director and Head of the Research and Education Department at Virginia Commonwealth University's Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences. She coordinates a staff of six liaison librarians and provides support for programming and education as well as library services for the MCV Campus. She has been a medical librarian for over nine years and has worked in academic health sciences and hospital library settings. She has a strong interest in adult learning, teaching, and training. She has over four years experience as a trainer with the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, South Central Region where she honed her use of PubMed while she served as the Technology Coordinator.
Join us at https://vcu.zoom.us/j/